I own a farm. What assistance can I receive on my property taxes?
The State of Alabama has Current Use assessment available which allows the property to be assessed below market value if the property meets criteria outlined by the Alabama Department of Revenue. Please click here for more information regarding Current Use and how to apply.

Why am I receiving a property tax bill for property I no longer own?
The property tax bill is sent to the owner on record as of October 1 of the previous year. Property is taxed a year behind. The decision of who will pay the taxes is between the buyer and seller.

I did not receive a property tax bill. What do I need to do?
The property tax notices mailed on October 1 are “courtesy tax notices”. Please click here to search your property and view or pay the tax amount due online. You can also send in your payment by other methods . For any questions, please contact our Assessing and Collecting Office . It is the property owner’s responsibility to make sure the taxes are paid. If your mailing address has changed, please go here .

Is there a tax exemption for senior citizens?
Yes. If you are 65 years of age or older, and you own and occupy your primary residence, you qualify for a property tax exemption. Please click here for more information on how to apply for this exemption and the documents needed.

What is the value of my property for property taxes, and if I disagree with the value what can I do?
You can click here to view the appraised value. If you are not in agreement with the value, please go here for the process to appeal.

I own less acreage than what is shown on the property tax maps. Who do I contact?
You can view our property tax maps here . Please contact our Mapping Department if your acreage is incorrect.

Where can I get a copy of my deed?
The deeds are kept in records at the Blount County Probate Judge’s Office. Please click here for their website, or call 205-625-4191.

Where can I find out the physical address for my property?
The Blount County 911 office will have this information. They also assign 911 addresses to property. Please click here for their website.

Can your office tell me where my septic tank is located on my land?
No. This information is found at the Blount County Health Department .

I need a map of my property. Which office do I go to?
Our office only has property tax maps which are for tax purposes ONLY. You can view and print a map anytime on this website. Click here for our maps. If you are the owner, we can print an 8 ½” x 11” map of your property at no charge. If a larger map is requested, please contact our Mapping Department for sizes and costs.